These no-bake granola bars are infused with antioxidant rich pumpkin, flavored with pumpkin pie spice and studded with chocolate chips.
The perfect pre-workout fuel, grab-and-go breakfast, lunchbox addition or afternoon treat.
I love finding new real food options that I can enjoy as pre-workout fuel. I’m not one to go to a morning CrossFit class or out for a morning run on an empty stomach. I need a little something in my belly but know that if I eat too much, I’ll end up with a side stitch or if it’s a tough WOD that consists of jumping and/or being upside down it could result in losing my breakfast. Ummm…no thanks!
Pre-workout fuel is very individualized. You have to find what works for you and that might require trying several different foods and food combinations. Most recently, I’ve been loving these No-bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars so these may be something you’ll want to try, too. They provide my body with just the right amount of nutrients so that I have the energy I need to crush a morning workout. They’re easy to make, crazy delicious, hold-up nicely in the fridge for 7-10 days and freezer-friendly so feel free to double the recipe if you’d like to tuck some away in the freezer for future.
While you can easily purchase a box of granola bars at the grocery store, making them yourself has major perks because you’re in control of what goes into them and the amount of sweetener that’s added. Plus, they taste better and they’re easy enough for kids to make! I know you’ll love these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars that are gluten-free, nut-free (omit pecans) and egg-free.
You can also turn these No-bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars Granola Bars into energy bites if you wish.
Whether they’re bites or bars, they also make for a perfect lunchbox addition for kiddos or an after school snack. If your kids go to a nut-free school, simply leave out the pecans and replace with sunflower seeds of pepitas.The perfect pre-workout fuel, grab-and-go breakfast, lunchbox addition or afternoon treat. Click To Tweet
A grab-and-go breakfast, too!
Shane, my husband, isn’t one to sit down for breakfast before he heads out the door for work. He’s all about the grab-and-go kind of a breakfast so these No-bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars have been a great option for him. In this case, I’ll add a couple scoops of protein powder, like vital proteins collagen, to make them a higher protein breakfast bar. If adding protein, you may need to add a little water or almond milk. I recommend adding just 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together.
Alright, it’s time to continue the season of all.things.pumpkin and give these No-bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars a try!
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter of choice (sunflower seed butter – nut-free option, almond butter, cashew butter, etc.)
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (substitute pepitas or sunflower seed for nut-free)
- 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
- In a food process or blender, combine the oats, pumpkin puree, nut or seed butter, syrup, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract. Process on low for a few seconds. Scrap sides as needed. Process just until mixed well (note: some of the oats will remain whole).
- Transfer mixture to bowl. Fold in pecans and chocolate chip.
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap or parchment.
- Transfer mixture to loaf pan, spread out and press down firmly (very firmly – this is important).
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes before slicing into 8 bars or 10 squares.
- Bars hold up best if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g
Pin now to make later!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.