A little sweet, a little salty!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars fit the bill for the ever-so-popular sweet-and-salty combo!
As if the peanut butter and chocolate duo wasn’t enough. The addition of pretzels in these bars adds the perfect amount of crunch and saltiness to make for one delicious, must-try treat. It’s like a chocolate-covered pretzel dipped in peanut butter! Um….yum.
A no-bake, easy to make, 10-ingredient treat with only 5 grams of sugar per bar! Yes, please.
This recipe is simple to make with only about 10-15 minutes of hands on time. The rest of the prep time is spent chilling.
Coarsely crushing the pretzels and cereal is an important step to making the perfect No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars. You want to make sure the pretzels and cereal are crushed enough which will will help the bars hold together better. You don’t however want it to be flour consistency. I recommend pulsing the ingredients separately in a food processor (or blender) until a course consistency is achieved.
Lining the 9 x 9 dish with plastic wrap will make it much easier to remove the bars from the dish.
Be sure to press the bars very firmly into the 9 x 9 dish. This will ensure that they hold together nicely. Oil hands to prevent mixture from sticking to hands when pressing into dish. This works wonders!
Don’t forget to refrigerate (or freeze)! No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars must spend a little time in the refrigerator or freezer in order to hold together. The wait is worth it!
Store bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan-friendly and refined sugar -free!
Our goal is to create easy and delicious recipes for all to enjoy. So whether you have a food allergy, food sensitivity or choose to follow a specific lifestyle, we’ve got something for you!
It’s time to give these No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars a try!
And if you skipped over the tips I shared above, I suggest you scroll back up to and give them a quick read to ensure the perfect No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars! 🙂
- 1 cup gluten-free pretzels, coarsely crushed (~½ cup crushed)
- 1 ½ cups crisp brown rice cereal (or any rice crisp cereal), coarsely crushed (~1 cup crushed)
- 2/3 cup natural chunky peanut butter (if pb is real thick, warm slightly to thin)
- ½ cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Line a 9×9 pan with plastic wrap (like saran or glad) making sure wrap falls over edges slightly. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to 9×9 pan and press very firmly into pan. Tip: oil hands to prevent mixture from sticking to hands.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- After refrigerating, grab edges of the plastic wrap and remove bars from pan. Cut into 16 bars.
- In a sauce pan on medium-low, melt the chocolate and coconut oil stirring continuously during the melting process. Drizzle bars with melted chocolate.
- Store bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Bars hold together best when refrigerated.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 95 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
Pin now to make later!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.