A step-by-step photo tutorial on how-to cut, peel and cube Butternut Squash safely!
Cubing butternut squash may sound like a daunting task to many….
But not any longer because today I’m sharing with you basic steps on how-to cube butternut squash and to show you that it really can be done in a timely manner and without losing any fingers.
While there are probably hundreds of ways you can go about this cubing task, this is the method I prefer. Here we go!
1. You will need a butternut squash, two medium bowls, a cutting board, a sharp knife, a spoon and some man (or woman) power.
2. Begin by slicing the neck (skinnier part) of the butternut squash into 1/2- to 1-inch thick rounds. Slice until you start seeing seeds.
3. Set the round butternut squash slices aside and quarter the remaining part of the squash, known as the bulb.
4. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds & pulp and place in one of the bowls.
5. With your knife, carefully slice the skin off each quarter and discard into the bowl with the seeds.
6. Again, with your knife, carefully slice the skin off each round Butternut Squash slice and discard into bowl.
7. Now, it’s time to cube – the easy part!
8. Cube the peeled quarters as best you can into 1/2- to 1-inch cubes. Some pieces may be awkward shaped but that’s okay! It’ll all taste the same! Place cubes in a clean bowl.
Note: picture below are slices of squash before they’re cubed.
9. Cube the round butternut squash slices into 1/2- to 1-inch cubes. Place cubes in a clean bowl.
There you have it! A big mound of perfectly cubed butternut squash ready for roasting.
Wondering how to roast Butternut Squash cubes?
We’ve got you covered with an easy and oh-so-tasty recipe. Our Butternut Squash Home Fries make the perfect side-dish for any meal.
Click here for the recipe!
How-to cube butternut squash: Pin now – cube later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.