Cool off and kick-back with this garden-fresh, low-sugar Cucumber Basil Kombucha Mule!
The Moscow Mule gets a healthy re-do
It’s no secret that I like a fizzy cocktail from time to time but what I don’t like is all. the. sugar these drinks normally pack. And being one who prefers savory over sweet I just had to make my own version, using kombucha in place of the ginger beer you’d normally find in a Moscow Mule. Because gut-health is always on my mind. And I like the bubbles.Cool off and kick-back with this Cucumber Basil Kombucha Mule - Just 2g of sugar! #realfood Click To Tweet
Cucumber, basil and lime is such a great combo and the kombucha gives it just enough sweetness and gingery bite to bring everything together in what is now my most favorite adult beverage.
Like many summery cocktails you can leave out the booze if you don’t drink, don’t want to drink or need it to be Whole30-friendly – and it’s still incredibly delicious and refreshing and oh, so gorgeous served up in big copper mugs just like the real deal.
Whether it’s been a day of yard work, hiking adventures or relaxing poolside, this Cucumber Basil Kombucha Mule will become your new go-to low-sugar summer cocktail.
- 4 thick cucumber slices (plus additional for garnish)
- 4 large basil leaves (plus additional for garnish)
- 4 thin slices of fresh ginger
- Juice of 2 limes
- 12-16 ounces ginger kombucha
- 2 ounces vodka (omit for a Whole30-friendly ‘Mocktail’)
- 1/2 cup sparkling water (such as LaCroix or San Pellegrino)
- In the bottom of two copper mugs or other glass, place cucumbers and basil leaves.
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon or a cocktail muddler to gently muddle the cucumber, basil and ginger together (you just want to bruise them up a bit, not make a mash).
- Add ice to fill cup 3/4 full then lime juice and vodka.
- Add lime juice, kombucha, vodka (if using) and sparkling water. Stir gently. Garnish with additional cucumber slices and basil leaves if desired.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 11mg
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
What’s your favorite way to health-ify cocktails and other summer treats? Share in the comments below!
Pin now, make now!
Looking for more probiotic-rich summer cocktails? Try our Strawberry Mojito Kombucha Cocktail.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.