Cauliflower and buffalo sauce collide to create these tasty Cauliflower Buffalo Bites that make for healthy & fun game day grub!
With football season right around the corner (Go Vikings!), I figured there’s no better time than now to share a healthy Whole30-friendly appetizer recipe. While I’m not a ‘superfan’ of football by any means, I’m always up for some good food, a lazy(ish) Sunday and quality time with the hubby and/or friends! And damn, don’t these look delicious!?Cauliflower Buffalo Bites | a tasty, healthy & fun @Whole30 friendly appetizer! Click To Tweet
Jess and I plan out our blog schedule a few months in advance but we always leave room a little room and flexibility for instant inspiration. This recipe was one of them, created totally on a whim. It was one of those, “lets see what I can create with what I have on hand” kind of a recipe. When ya live a good distance from the nearest grocery store, you get creative with what you have on hand!
Side note: did you know I live 2 hours from the nearest Whole Foods and 1 1/2 hours from the nearest Trader Joe’s? Yup, that’s right! I’m living proof that you don’t need a Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s to eat healthy. In fact, a small-town grocery store and a few farmers will do. #supportlocal
Okay, back to the recipe.
These Whole30-friendly Cauliflower Buffalo Bites are made with our Homemade Buffalo Sauce and dipped into our popular Paleo Homemade Ranch. They’re really quite simple to make and you can prepare the ranch and buffalo sauce up to 3 days in advance. It’s always a plus when you can prep ingredients for a recipe a day or two ahead because it means less time in the kitchen in the future and more time to spend with family or friends or watching a football game.
Is your mouth watering, yet?
Serve Cauliflower Buffalo Bites along side of our Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings and you’ll have a slew of buffalo saucy goodness.
Hungry for more buffalo saucy things?! We’ve got you covered!
Give these recipes a try: Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash, Buffalo Chicken Sliders, Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins or our Buffalo Chicken Meatballs that we shared over on PaleOMG’s blog.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, stems removed (or 2 – 10 oz. bag cauliflower florets)
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. ghee
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Ranch for dipping (Homemade Ranch or Whole30 Compliant)
- Parsley or green onions, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Make buffalo sauce by placing small saucepan over medium heat and adding the hot sauce, ghee, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and optional cayenne. Once ghee is melted, whisk well to combine or transfer to small food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the cauliflower florets and 1/4-1/3 cup of the buffalo sauce. Toss to coat.
- Transfer cauliflower to the sheet pan and bake for 15-17 min tossing 1/2 through baking time.
- When done, remove from oven, transfer to serving dish and drizzle with remaining buffalo sauce. Top with green onions and/or parsley and serve with ranch for dipping.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 600mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Comment below and let us know what your favorite buffalo recipe is?!
Pin now to make later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.