This post is sponsored by our friends at Primal Kitchen.
Warm Chipotle Lime Sweet Potato Salad! Need I say more?
This recipe was ‘born’ by accident.
Here’s the story: I had made my ever so popular Sweet Potato Hash recipe to go along with some baked chicken for dinner one night. And on my plate, I dolloped a spoonful of Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo (the.best.stuff.ever) on to it to use as a dip for my chicken. I so happened to place it right next to the Sweet Potato Hash. Well low and behold the Sweet Potato Hash and the Chipotle Lime Mayo touched and after one bite of this combo, I intentionally mixed it altogether. As a result, this insanely delicious, Whole30-freidnly Warm Chipotle Lime Sweet Potato Salad was born. It’s a salad with a little kick; perfect to enjoy during the colder months. And to top it off, it can be made all in one skillet!
Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo isn’t just any mayo.
You may have already realized that we love Primal Kitchen products. Their avocado oils, their vinaigrettes and now we’re introducing you to this amazing Chipotle Lime Mayo. The ingredients used in all of their product are of highest quality. The use of anti-inflammatory, heart healthy avocado oil in the mayo and vinaigrettes, replaces any inflammatory oils such as canola and soy that are typically used in similar kinds of products. And not only do we love the products of Primal Kitchen but we’re also continuously impressed with the people behind this company founded by Mark Sisson of Marks Daily Apple! They’re genuine, their passionate and they truly care.
Product used in this recipe. Chipotle Lime Mayo
Chipotle Lime Mayo is:
- A spicier version of their classic mayo (which we used in our Paleo Ranch, 5-Minute Salmon Salad & Curry Chicken Salad).
- Sugar, gluten, dairy, soy and canola oil free.
- Made with only clean ingredients including: avocado oil, organic cage-free eggs, organic egg yolks, organic vinegar, sea salt, rosemary extract, chipotle, lime, garlic, chives.
- Great with chicken, fish, steak, eggs, veggies, in lettuce wraps, in tuna or chicken salads, as a sweet potato fry/chip dip and more!
Purchase here. Coupon Code: REALFOODRDS
Without a doubt, you’re going to love the combination of the ingredients in this Warm Chipotle Lime Sweet Potato Salad.
You can’t go wrong with Sweet potatoes, chipotle, lime, bacon, garlic……..ta.die.for! Best of all, leftovers taste just as good; warm or cold!
It’s time to give this Warm Chipotle Lime Sweet Potato recipe a try!
- 1½ Tbsp. ghee, divided (our favorite ghee is Pure Indian Farms)**
- 2 medium (8 oz. each) sweet potatoes, cubed (~3 cups)
- ½ red onion, sliced (~3/4 cup)
- 1 small bell pepper, diced (~1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale or spinach, roughly chopped (heaping cups)
- 4 slices uncured bacon cooked and chopped (recommend Pederson's Farms Bacon)
- ⅓ cup Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add 1 Tbsp. of ghee to large skillet on medium high heat. Once ghee is hot, add cubed sweet potatoes. Dash with a little sea salt and black pepper. Sauté for about 10-12 minutes stirring throughout. Sweet potatoes should be cooked through.
- Then add the remaining ½ Tbsp. of ghee, diced pepper, sliced onion, and garlic. Sauté for another 10 minutes.
- Then add kale and chopped bacon and sauté for 2-3 minutes longer until kale is slightly wilted.
- Transfer to a bowl (or leave in skillet) and gently stir in Primal Kitchen Chipotle Mayo. Serve warm. Leftovers can be served warm or cold.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and green onions, if desired.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!
Comment below and let us know if you give this salad a try!
Hungry for more Chipotle Lime Mayo recipe? Chipotle Lime Mayo is the perfect perfect dip for our Garlic Roasted Root Veggie Fries recipe!
Pin now to make later!
This post was made possible by our friends at Primal Kitchen. Though we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are 100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we works with thereby allowing us to continue creating great recipes and content for you.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support!