These Turkey Apple Sausage Patties fit into a real food diet. No added nitrates/nitrites, fillers, MSG, or flavorings.
Add a little extra protein to your breakfast with these Turkey Apple Sausage Patties.
As many of you may know, eggs are my jam, I love them. I rarely go a day without at least one of my meals containing eggs. However, I also understand that some individuals, including Simply Nourished Dietitian Jessica, suffer from severe egg-allergies or sensitivities. This is definitely a tough allergy/sensitivity to manage because so many recipes contain eggs and it makes it difficult to consume that quality source of protein in the morning. But we’ve got your back, because at Simply Nourished, one of our missions is to create allergy-friendly recipes for all to enjoy. And today, I’m sharing with you our Turkey Apple Sausage Patties (featured in our 14-day Seasonal Real Food Reboot Winter Edition). These sausage patties make for a satisfying egg-free and whole 30 friendly breakfast option. Serve them up with our Kale and Sweet Potato Sauté, have in addition to a Go-to Green Smoothie for a great source of protein, or serve along side of a Grain-free Waffle.
And if eggs are your ‘jam’ like they are mine, these sausage patties will make a great accompaniment to eggs cooked-your-way.
Always read the ingredients!
Have you ever took a look at the ingredients that are found in store-purchased breakfast meats, such as sausage patties? If not, let me show you the ingredients that are found in a popular store-purcahased brand. Ingredients include: Pork, water, potassium lactate, salt, spice, sugar, sodium phosphates, dextrose, monosodium glutamate, sodium diacetate, and caramel color. Eeeeeek….a good reminder to always skip the label claims and go straight to reading the ingredients on packaged food items. If you can’t pronounce an ingredient or it looks as if it belongs in a chemistry class, it’s best to stay on the shelf where it belongs. Better yet, stick to homemade foods like these Turkey Apple Sausage Patties.If you can't pronounce an ingredient or it looks as if it belongs in a chemistry class, it's… Click To Tweet
Double the recipe and stock your freezer full with these Turkey Apple Sausage Patties.
We’re all about having ready prepared foods on hand and these Turkey Apple Sausage Patties are perfect for freezing. I always make a double batch of this recipe so that I have plenty to freeze for future meals.
Season as you wish.
A simple swap with the seasonings can really change the flavor and dimension in this recipe. While my favorite combo of seasonings is garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and paprika, Jessica prefers onion powder, sage, a little crushed fennel and paprika. Make it your own by using your favorite spices and seasonings!
- Combine turkey (or other ground meat), diced apple, garlic, spices in a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly with a large spoon or your hands.
- Using hands, form meat mixture into 12 small patties (Thin is good because they will shrink and fatten up in the pan a bit).
- Heat a skillet to over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add oil/fat (about ½ Tbsp. per batch of patties, depending on the size of your pan).
- Add the patties to the pan, being careful not to overcrowd them or it's difficult to flip them and they won't brown as well. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side until browned and no longer pink in the center.
- Remove patties to a plate lined with a paper towel and repeat with remaining oil and turkey mixture.
- Store in a covered covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days - may be frozen for longer storage.
- To cook from frozen, add to a small pan with few drops of water. Heat over medium-low heat covered with a lid for 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
We’d love to hear, what is your favorite egg-free breakfast?
Whole 30 Takeover:
Pssss…..did you hear that I’ve taken over the @Whole30recipes Instagram and Facebook page. It’s such an honor to share my favorite Whole 30 recipes with close to a 1/2 million people! Join in on the fun and follow along as a I continue with the takeover through the weekend!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.