An easy and delicious Sausage Hash Brown Egg Bake made with less than 10 ingredients! It’s a dish the whole family will love!
Serve it up for breakfast, brunch or even a weeknight dinner… because everyone loves breakfast for dinner!
Every bite of this Sausage Hash Brown Egg Bake is complete with the perfect amount of spicy sausage, hash browns, and peppers. It makes for a perfect Sunday meal prep item. I love making a big egg bake on Sunday (like this one or my Sweet Potato Turkey Egg Bake) and reheating leftovers through out the week.Easy & delicious @Whole30 friendly Sausage Hash Brown Egg Bake made with <10 ingredients! Click To Tweet
This beautiful blue Lodge Enameled Cast Iron is one of my favorite pieces for everything from stovetop to oven (I also have it in red)!
Love me an oh so easy recipe! With pre-made frozen shredded hash browns, our favorite squeaky clean pre-seasoned Pederson’s Farms Spicy Breakfast Sausage and I may have even purchased pre-diced peppers (I was in a time crunch #reallife), it really doesn’t get much easier than this. The recipe is quick to prep and in the over for just 30 minutes.
“But where’s the cheese?!” asks Stacie’s hubby
Sausage Hash Brown Egg Bake is indeed Whole30-friendly because of the omission of cheese! However, if you’re not Whole30’ing and want to add a little cheesiness factor, feel free to throw in a cup of your favorite shredded cheese into the mix. What I like to do when I’m on a Whole30 (which is usually just once a year) is make it without cheese and my hubby will add cheese to the top of his portion. That way it’s a win for us both.
You can modify this recipe to fit your taste preferences or with whatever veggies or breakfast meat you have on hand. I’m all about saving trips to the grocery store, especially since the nearest grocery store to me is about 20 miles away so improvising and modifying recipes is a common practice in my house. This Sausage Hash Brown Egg Bake can be made by using whatever veggies sound good to you, whatever breakfast meat you have tucked away in your freezer or you could sub shredded sweet potatoes for the hash browns.
It’s time to start planning a fun and delicious brunch and invite some of your favorite people over to enjoy this Sausage Hash Brown Egg Bake. Serve it up with some fresh fruit and roasted asparagus to really round out the meal.
Overnight Sausage Hash Brown Egg Bake – simply prep it the night before, cover and place in the fridge and bake it up in the morning.
- 1 lb. ground sausage (we recommend Pederson's Farms - a clean, Whole30-friendly option)
- 1-2 tsp. ghee (we recommend Pure Indian Foods)
- 4 cups hash browns (shredded potatoes), fresh or frozen
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (~3/4-1 cup)
- 1 green pepper, diced (~3/4-1 cup)
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 10 whole eggs, whisked
- ⅔ cup non-dairy unsweetened milk (I used almond milk - Whole30-friendly option sinclude Unsweetened Califia, New Barn and Silk)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 or large casserole dish of similar size (such as the Lodge Stoneware shown in the photos).
- On medium high heat, brown ground sausage in a large skillet. Once no longer pink, drain and remove from the skillet and place on a plate with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Next add the ghee to the skillet on medium high heat. Add the hash browns and cook until lightly brown. Once hash browns are cooked, spread out on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In that same skillet, add additional ghee if needed as well as the peppers and onions and sauté until tender and cooked through.
- Top the potatoes with the sausage and peppers and onions.
- Whisk together eggs, non-dairy milk, salt and pepper and pour over all contents.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is cooked through.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
Pin now, make later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.