- 1 cup mashed banana, about 2 large bananas (recommend ripe banana with black spots)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Let set for 10 minutes to allow for the the oats to soak up the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the mix-ins.
- Transfer the batter to a greased muffin pan (this silicone muffin pan works great!). Fill the muffin wells all the way to the top for 16 muffins. Fill them 3/4 full for 24 muffins.
- Bake in the oven for 23-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking rack to continue to cool.
- Muffins can be served warm or cold.
* If zucchini shreds are larger, recommend roughly chopping into small pieces.
* For egg-free option, substitute flax eggs. (1 egg = 2 Tbsp. flax meal + 6 Tbsp. water + 10 minutes to set). You could also use Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer.
* For nut-free option, omit the walnuts.
*Store muffins in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 large muffin (1/16 of recipe)
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 190 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g