For the Salad:
- 8 ounces pasta of choice, uncooked
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced small
- 1 pint (10-11 ounces) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, diced small
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 ounces hard salami, cut into matchsticks
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella*, cubed (or halved if using ‘ciliegine’ size)
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, chopped or finely sliced
- ½ cup sliced pepperoncini peppers (optional)
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Juice ½ lemon, ~1 Tbsp.
- 1 ½ tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. salt + more to taste
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. honey (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente (usually 9-11 minutes depending on the pasta you are using). Remove pasta from heat, drain, rinse well, and set aside to cool.
- While the pasta cooks, slice and dice the veggies, salami, mozzarella, and herbs according to the recipe. Transfer everything to a large bowl and set aside.
- Make the homemade Italian dressing by combining all of the ingredient in a small bowl and whisking until well combined.
- Add drained and cooled pasta to the bowl with the veggies, salami, and cheese. Pour dressing over the pasta mixture and gently toss to combine.
*Omit for dairy-free and replace with additional veggies, as desired
- Serving Size: 1 ⅔ cups
- Calories: 405
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 385mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 15g