It’s time to get your prep on with Weekly Meal Prep Menu: No. 8 !
Bonus: It’s Whole30-friendly
Hey there! Welcome to the Weekly Meal Prep series where each week we feature 2 entrees, 1 breakfast, 1 salad and 1 snack or treat (and sometimes, a bonus recipe). Our Weekly Meal Plan Menus are designed to serve 4 people – or fewer if you don’t mind leftovers. This won’t be enough to feed you or your family for the entire week but it’s enough to put a good dent in the week. Feel free to add additional recipes or staple items like hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit, cut veggies, tossed green salads, salad dressings and more as your time (and energy!) allows.
To get the recipes, just click the image or link to get the printable recipe. You’ll find the grocery list after the recipes – just click the link below the photo to download and print.Save time + eat better with our FREE Whole30-friendly Meal Prep Menu #realfood #Whole30 Click To Tweet
Weekly Meal Prep Menu: No. 8
Asian-Style Turkey Lettuce Wraps (from The Nourishing Home) – This week we’ve got a ‘Take-out Fake-out’ for you with these easy Asian-Style Lettuce Wraps. They’re perfect for a quick dinner or lunch – just reheat and eat. Serve them with your favorite lettuce (we like butter lettuce) or pile the filling onto a bowl of greens and dig in with a fork.
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken (from Little Bits Of) – This slow cooker meal riffs on the classic Greek flavors and sneaks in plenty of veggies thanks to the cucumber “noodles”. If you don’t have a spiral cutter/spiralizer you can use a vegetable peeler to make wide ribbons instead.
Note: This can also be made in the Instant Pot – scroll down to the Meal Prep Tips at the bottom of this post to get the scoop on cooking time.
Mushroom Medley Frittata – You know we love a hearty breakfast to start the day but what we don’t love is having to prepare it one from scratch when in the throes of the mid-week madness. Which is why we almost always have some type of frittata or egg bake on our meal prep plan for the weekend. This one features mushrooms, spinach and fresh herbs and can be made Whole30-compliant by leaving off the goat cheese.
You don’t need a cast iron skillet to make a frittata but they sure come in handy because you can go from stovetop to oven – and get little arm workout in the process!
Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon – Ditch any preconceived notions you have about potato salad being boring because this one is anything but boring! Made with sweet potatoes for extra fiber and vitamin A and cauliflower to lighten up the carbs, this potato salad is the perfect side for grilled burgers or chicken and to take along to your next potluck gathering.
Save 10% on your entire order of Primal Kitchen products when you use the code: REALFOODRDS at checkout! Shop Here
Chili Rosemary Roasted Nuts – Crunchy cashews and almonds are made 1,000x better by adding a little chili powder, cumin, lime and fresh rosemary so be warned: You may want to make a double batch. Or hide them from family and friends. Try sprinkling them over a salad for a little crunch or toss a few in a reusable cloth snack bag with some unsweetened toasted coconut chips for a satisfying snack to keep the ‘hangries’ away.
CLICK HERE to download the printable Grocery List
Tips for rocking this Freezer-friendly Meal Prep Menu
- Start with the Slow Cooker Greek Chicken recipe since this will take a few hours to cook. Wanna use the Instant Pot? No problem. Toss it all in there and hit the ‘Poultry’ button (15 minutes). You may need to add to the cooking time if your chicken breasts are really thick or you’re at high altitude).
- Next, prepare the filling for the Asian-Style Lettuce Wraps and wash the lettuce leaves. You can store the washed leaves in the fridge in a lidded container or zip-top bag lined with a damp paper to keep them crisp and ready to use.
- Move onto the Mushroom Medley Frittata next. Once you’re done with the broiler, flip the oven to 375°F and roast the potatoes for the Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon.
- While the sweet potatoes roast, cook the bacon and try not to eat it before it goes in the salad. The struggle is real, we know.
- Finally, finish up by making the Chili Rosemary Roasted Nuts. Allow them to cool completely before storing in a lidded container or a glass jar with lid.
Looking for more Meal Prep Menus? Get them all HERE
We often carve out time for a mid-week meal prep to carry us though the weekend. The same ‘rules’ apply here – 5 recipes and 1-2 hours max in the kitchen. Even if you can’t pull off a full prep, making just 2 recipes can go a long way toward saving your sanity in the second half of the week.
Don’t forget to take some photos of your meal prep!
Hashtag your meal prep photos #mealprepseries on Instagram so that we can see all of your delicious meal prep photos!
Pin it for later!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.