It’s time to get your prep on with Weekly Meal Prep Menu: No. 5 !
Hey there! Welcome to the Weekly Meal Prep series where each week we feature 2 entrees, 1 breakfast, 1 salad and 1 snack or treat (and sometimes, a bonus recipe). Our Weekly Meal Plan Menus are designed to serve 4 people – or fewer if you don’t mind leftovers. This won’t be enough to feed you or your family for the entire week but it’s enough to put a good dent in the week. Feel free to add additional recipes or staple items like hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit, cut veggies, tossed green salads, salad dressings and more as your time (and energy!) allows.
To get the recipes, just click the image or link to get the printable recipe. You’ll find the grocery list after the recipes – just click the link below the photo to download and print.Save time and eat better with Weekly Meal Prep Menu: No. 5 #realfood Click To Tweet
Weekly Meal Prep Menu: No. 5
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos – We dare you to find someone who doesn’t love tacos in some way, shape or form. Tacos rock because they’re easy to make and the topping options allow you to customize them to meet just about anyone’s needs.
We love these easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos because they’re budget-friendly, freezer-friendly (hint: double the recipe for a future meal), made with only 8 ingredients take just 5 minutes of prep time. Seriously, what could be easier?!
Sausage & Cabbage Sheet Pan Dinner (from Fed + Fit) – We can’t get enough of sheet pan dinners lately! And this one is so simple and unique that we just had to share it with you this week. It’s Paleo-friendly but that doesn’t mean it isn’t full-on delicious comfort food that even non-Paleo eaters will want to devour. The best part is that it takes just 10 minutes to prep. We love it with the Uncured Kielbasa from Pederson’s Natural Farms (order online here or find in stores using their Store Locator) but you can use any bratwurst or sausage you enjoy.
Blackberry-Sage Breakfast Sausage – All we can say about these little gems is “brace yourself”. Brace yourself the awesomeness that’s about to go down. The sweet berries combined with the savory sage makes these almost irresistible so consider doubling the batch so no one has to fight over the leftovers.
Greek Quinoa Salad – THIS. This salad. Packed with flavor and wholesome ingredients, it’s one of our g0-to salads for a hearty lunch when topped with grilled chicken or fish. Make it grain-free by substituting cooked and cooled cauliflower for the sprouted quinoa.
Paleo Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies (from Fit Mitten Kitchen) – The cookies aren’t just for breakfast! Anything with ‘Carrot Cake’ in the name is fair game for dessert if you ask us. Besides being delish these babies get a little boost of protein from collagen peptides (though you could leave them out or add another unsweetened protein powder of choice).
CLICK HERE to download the printable Grocery List
Tips for rocking this Meal Prep Menu
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Assemble the Sausage & Cabbage Sheet Pan Dinner while the oven comes up to temp. Lining your pan with a sheet of parchment paper makes for easy clean up and it puts a barrier between the aluminum pan and your food (you can read more here about why we avoid aluminum foil and cooking in direct contact with aluminum, in case you’re wondering why it’s a big deal to us). This will cook for approximately 1 hour depending on how big your veggie pieces are.
- While the sheet pan dinner is cooking, prep the ingredients for the Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos and get those going on LOW heat (they’ll take 4-6 hours on LOW or about 3 hours on HIGH)
- Alternatively, for those with an Instant Pot or pressure cooker – Cooking time is 17-19 minutes at high pressure with natural pressure release.
- Cook and cool the quinoa (or cauliflower rice) for the Greek Quinoa Salad. While that’s cooking and cooling, chop the vegetables for the salad and prepare the vinaigrette.
- After the salad is done, begin preparing the Blackberry-Sage Breakfast Sausage. You can use either fresh of frozen blackberries (or substitute blueberries, if desired). The trick is to gently press the berries into the patty rather than mixing it all together in the bowl – unless you don’t mind purple sausage patties.
- Cook the sausage patties according to recipe directions and drain on a paper towel before transferring to a container with a lid. Store in the fridge until ready to reheat and eat.
- When the sheet pan dinner is done, remove from the oven to cool. Now it’s time to bake those Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies and make your house smell amazing.
Still not sure where to begin?! Check out our Top 10 Meal Prepping Tips here.
Looking for more Meal Prep Menus? Get them all right HERE
We often carve out time for a mid-week meal prep to carry us though the weekend. The same ‘rules’ apply here – 5 recipes and 1-2 hours max in the kitchen. Even if you can’t pull off a full prep, making just 2 recipes can go a long way toward saving your sanity in the second half of the week.
Don’t forget to take some snaps of your meal prep!
Hashtag your meal prep photos #mealprepseries on Instagram so that we can see all of your delicious meal prep photos!
Pin it for later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.