- 4 cups watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup cucumber, diced (may peel, if desired)
- 2 tsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- Juice + zest of 1 lime (about 1 Tbsp. juice)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped or torn
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced red onion or shallots
- 3 cups arugula or other greens of choice
- Place watermelon cubes, cucumber, and mint in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lime zest and juice, and salt to make the dressing. Whisk to combine and add more salt, if needed, to taste.
- Pour dressing over watermelon, cucumbers, mint, and shallots. Toss gently to combine. Add feta and again, gently combine.
- Serve immediately over arugula or greens.
This salad should be made just before serving for best results. If made ahead, it can get quite watery so our suggestion is to make the dressing (up to 2 days in advance) and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to toss it with the watermelon, cucumbers, mint, and feta.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/4th recipe
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 175mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g