What’s not to love about a good ol’ bowl of hearty & delicious Veggie Loaded Turkey Chili!?
When the weather turns cold, warming up with a bowl of chili is about as good as it gets!
Veggie Loaded Turkey Chili is one of my go-to recipes and has been for quite some time. In fact, it was one of the very first recipes I shared on my Facebook page. Before The Real Food RDs’ blog even existed and before I even knew Jess. It’s aways fun to look back and see how far we’ve come and the community we have grown. In less than 2 years, we’ve gone from a blog that didn’t exist to one that accumulates around 1 million views/month. Crazy, huh?!
Veggie Loaded Turkey Chili is everything you need, all in one bowl.
One thing I love about this Veggie Loaded Turkey Chili is that not only is it loaded with veggies and my hubby will eat it (picky eater approved) BUT that it’s a complete meal. It has everything you need including quality protein, tons of veggies, 9 g of fiber per serving and an adequate source of healthy fats when topped with avocado <– which I highly recommend. You can up the ante on veggies even more by serving it over a bed of greens or add heartiness by serving it over a baked sweet potato or winter squash, a heavenly combination if I’d say so myself. Additionally, this recipe is freezer-friendly so if you’re looking to stock your freezer with some easy meal options, go ahead and double this recipe. I like to freeze this chili in 1 1/2 cup servings so that I can reheat just what I need.Veggie Loaded Turkey Chili is everything you need, all in one bowl. Click To Tweet
Pre-chop the veggies, yo!
If you pre-chop the veggies the day or two before, you can save a considerable amount of time and have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. Woot! We’re all about easy weeknight meals and if you’re a consistent reader of our blog, you know we’re fans of weekend meal prepping. Pre-chopping veggies makes for a big time saver during the week.
The world is your oyster when it comes to topping your bowl of Veggie Loaded Turkey Chili. There are so many options including some of my faves – avocado or guacamole, cilantro, chopped jicama, fried plantains, Kalona SuperNatural sour cream, cheddar cheese, Jalapeños and Jackson’s Honest crushed chips. You do you!
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey, beef or chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin, ground
- 2 tsp. coriander, ground
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce + ½ can water
- 1 can (15 ounces) Crushed or petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- Dash of Cayenne (optional)
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot or soup kettle over medium heat add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add ground meat, garlic, onions, bell peppers, zucchini or yellow squash, and carrots and sauté for 7-9 minutes or until meat is cooked and no longer pink.
- Add seasonings, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, beans, corn and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are tender. Serve with toppings of choice.
Pin now to make later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.