Impress your party guests with this Tuscan white bean dip with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh rosemary.
Whether it’s a potluck with friends or a party at your place, this dip is sure to please. We love the savory garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, the distinctive and pine-like flavor of fresh rosemary, the creamy white bean puree and the silky drizzle of good quality olive oil on top. Though we’ve never been to Tuscany, this is what we imagine we’d be noshing on along with good wine and local vegetables or bread.
We created this recipe a couple weeks ago while we were together in Boulder for one of our quarterly “work binges”. We were working on something really, really exciting and needed a dish that was easy to make, looked great and was cocktail party-worthy. And it was all that. Jessica brought it to a happy hour hosted by a mama friend and it got rave reviews when served warm with plate of veggies and gluten-free baguette bread.
This recipe comes together quickly and can be prepared up to 3 days in advance. It just needs a quick reheating before serving to bring the flavors back to life. However, that said, we also enjoy this dip served cold – it’s texture is much like hummus. Try it in place of mayo or mustard in your next turkey sandwich or just stand in the fridge and scoop it up with baby carrots. We won’t judge. Been there.
Serve it up with a large platter of fresh vegetables or rice crackers for nibbling.
We love our vegetables and what better way to get this dip to your mouth than on a carrot stick, radish slice, bell pepper strip, etc. We know how hard it can be to pack the veggies into your diet each day, especially during the holiday season when everything is so rush-rush and you’re surrounded by cookies and cakes and other less virtuous snack options.
Flavorful and fiber-rich
Not only do we love the complex flavors of this dip, we also love that it’s high in fiber and protein thanks to the beans. Both the fiber and protein increase feelings of satiety meaning you’ll be less likely to go face down in the dessert tray at the end of the night. Win!
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white cannellini or white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions - white & green parts, finely minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced (or ½ tsp. dried rosemary)
- ? tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. olive or avocado oil + extra for drizzling
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute onions until they begin to soften for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and saute for another 30-60 seconds.
- Stir in sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice, white beans, 2 Tbsp. water and rosemary to. Cover skillet and heat for 1-2 minutes
- Transfer to food processor and blend just until smooth.
- Once smooth, place on serving dish and sprinkle with minced green onions and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve warm or at room temp with fresh vegetables, rice crackers or tortilla chips for dipping.
What’s your favorite party appetizer? Tell us about it — the good, the bad, the not so healthy — we just want to hear what you love in the comments.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.