For the Tuna Salad:
- 2 (5-ounce) cans Bumblebee Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 1 stalk celery, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Quesadillas:
- 8 corn tortillas (may substitute grain-free tortillas, if desired)
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded cheese of choice (such as cheddar, pepper jack, Mexican blend, etc.)
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1 cup pico de gallo (or salsa of choice)
- Cooking spray, optional
- Prepare tuna salad by combining drained tuna through lime juice in a bowl. Mix with a fork to combine. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, lightly spray with cooking spray, if desired.
- To assemble quesadillas, sprinkle ½ of the shredded cheese over 4 tortillas.
- Using a small spoon or fork, dot each of the 4 tortillas with some of the mashed avocado then use the back of the spoon (or fork) to gently spread it without making too much a fuss about it.
- Divide the tuna salad mixture evenly between the tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese before topping with remaining tortillas.
- Place the quesadilla into the hot skillet (you may have to do just one or two at a time depending on the size of your pan) and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt.
- To flip the quesadilla, slip a spatula under the bottom then place your hand on top of the quesadilla to hold the top tortilla and the illing in place while you flip it to the other side.
- Continue cooking an additional 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted, the tuna salad is heated through and the tortilla is lightly browned.
- Remove quesadilla to a cutting board and allow it to cool for a few minutes before slicing with a large knife. Top with pico de gallo or salsa of choice before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 quesadilla with ¼ cup pico
- Calories: 466
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 530mg
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 28g