- 1¾ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed (may substitute coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter* (or nut or seed butter of choice)
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter (may substitute coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ⅓–½ cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- ⅓–½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the candy-coated pieces and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Once combined, fold in candy-coated chocolate pieces and chocolate chips.
- With a small cookie scoop, spoon a heaping amount of dough and place on prepared baking sheets. Repeat until dough is gone. You will end up with about 18 cookies.
- Oil hands and press dough down to flatten slightly (about 3/4-inch thick).
- Bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Leave on baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week. May also freezer for later.
*Substitute sunflower seed butter for nut-free
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 145 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g