- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Place a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and the coconut oil to the pan. Stir occasionally and remove from heat once melted (it shouldn’t be too hot).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa and salt to the bowl and stir until just combined.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate to the bowl while you continue to stir. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and optional walnuts. Transfer brownie batter to the parchment-lined, 9×9-inch pan. Top with chocolate chips and optional chopped walnuts.
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes.
- After baking allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove brownies from pan by grabbing onto edges of parchment paper.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 brownie (without walnuts)
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 40 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g