- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef or ground turkey (or leftover taco meat)
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning (homemade or organic store-purchased – omit if using leftover taco meat)
- 1/2 cup water (omit if using leftover taco meat)
- 1 Tbsp. cooking fat of choice (ghee, avocado oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes (about 2½ cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1½–2 cups sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- Optional Toppings: Fresh cilantro, green onions, avocado, jalapeños, fried egg, sour cream (omit for dairy-free) etc.
- Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add beef, seasonings and water to the pan. Cook until beef is browned.
- Remove beef from pan, set aside.
- In the same pan the beef was browned in, add ½ Tbsp. of cooking fat and heat over medium until melted and hot.
- Add sweet potatoes, dash with salt and pepper, and sauté for about 10 minutes or until just before fully cooked through.
- Add remaining ½ Tbsp. of cooking fat, onions, red pepper and mushroom and sauté for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add additional cooking fat if needed.
- Fold in spinach and taco meat and continue to cook until heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Serve with optional toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 220 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 18 g