- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef or ground turkey (or leftover taco meat)
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning (homemade or organic store-purchased – omit if using leftover taco meat)
- 1/2 cup water (omit if using leftover taco meat)
- 1 Tbsp. cooking fat of choice (ghee, avocado oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes (about 2-2 1/2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 1/2–2 cups sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- Optional Toppings: Fresh cilantro, green onions, avocado, jalapeños, fried egg, sour cream (omit for dairy-free), etc.
- Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add beef, seasonings and water to the pan. Cook until beef is browned.
- Remove beef from pan. set aside.
- In the same pan the beef was browned in, add ½ Tbsp. of cooking fat and heat over medium until melted and hot.
- Add sweet potatoes, dash with salt and pepper, and sauté for about 10 minutes or until just before fully cooked through.
- Add remaining ½ Tbsp. of cooking fat, onions, red pepper and mushroom and sauté for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add additional cooking fat if needed.
- Fold in spinach and taco meat and continue to cook until heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Serve with optional toppings.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 220 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 18 g