- 2 cups cooked quinoa (we used Tiny Hero Quinoa for this recipe)
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced or halved
- 1 cup black beans (if canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 green onions, trimmed and roughly chopped (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let quinoa cool. This step can be done 1-2 days in advance.
- Once quinoa is cooled, in a medium bowl combine the quinoa, bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes, black beans, cilantro, corn and avocado. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and sea salt.
- Add the lime vinaigrette to the rest of the ingredients in the medium bowl and toss gently to coat.
- Top with green onions and extra cilantro if you wish. Serve with additional lime wedges.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/2-2/3 cup (1/10 of recipe)
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 120 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g