A salad that will spruce up your upcoming Spring and Summer potlucks. Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad is tossed in a lime vinaigrette and is loaded with black beans, corn, avocado and more!
Salad season is on its way!
Even though old man winter is still making his weekly appearance in Minnesota it’s not stopping me from dreaming up all of the delicious salad recipes to share with you! This Spring & Summer I plan to share all sorts of salad recipes. They’re one of my favorite kinds of recipes to create, photograph, and eat! Meanwhile, Jess will be sharing all of her favorite grilling recipes (if you didn’t know, she’s a legit grill master). I’m already putting in menu request for my next visit to Boulder, CO (where Jess lives)!Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad is tossed in a lime vinaigrette and is loaded with black beans, corn, avocado and more! Give it a try. Click To Tweet
Colorful, nutrient dense and full of flavor.
Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad really has it all. It’s full of heart healthy fats from the avocado and avocado oil or olive oil, rich in vitamins and antioxidants with the tomatoes and bell peppers, and satisfying thanks to the complex carbs and protein from the quinoa and black beans. Flavor is added with fresh cilantro and a simple yet super tasty Lime Vinaigrette that’s made with oil, fresh lime juice and spices (cumin, chili powder, garlic powder). In addition to bringing Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad to a potluck, I also I like to serve this salad alongside of grilled chicken thighs or white fish for an easy weeknight meal. Best of all, leftovers make for a delicious lunch the next day. Just add some cubed chicken and you’re good to go.
Gluten-free, Nut-Free, Dairy-free, Egg-free and Vegan-friendly.
Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad is free of many common allergens. On this blog we do our best to share real food recipes that fit everyones needs and desires. We believe everyone can enjoy delicious and healthy food no matter what their diet needs are. Comment below with any requests of what kind of recipes you’d like to see more of.
Give Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad a try and lets us know what you think!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (we used Tiny Hero Quinoa for this recipe)
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced or halved
- 1 cup black beans (if canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 green onions, trimmed and roughly chopped (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let quinoa cool. This step can be done 1-2 days in advance.
- Once quinoa is cooled, in a medium bowl combine the quinoa, bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes, black beans, cilantro, corn and avocado. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and sea salt.
- Add the lime vinaigrette to the rest of the ingredients in the medium bowl and toss gently to coat.
- Top with green onions and extra cilantro if you wish. Serve with additional lime wedges.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/2-2/3 cup (1/10 of recipe)
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 120 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
Pin now to make later!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.