- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed (1 ½-2 cups, ¼-½ inch cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups halved or quartered Brussels sprouts
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (3/4-1 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (3/4-1 cup)
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme (½ tsp. dried)
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary or sage (½ tsp. dried)
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. avocado oil or oil of choice
- ½ cup dried cherries or cranberries, unsweetened if possible
- ⅓ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients (except for dried cherries and pecans) in a large bowl. Toss with oil
- Transfer to a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, add the dried cherries and pecans, toss and then bake for an additional 10-20 minutes longer or until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Prep Ahead Tip: Chop all of the ingredients the day before serving. You may also bake this dish ahead of time (before it’s ready to be served) and keep warm in a slow cooker set on low.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 260 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g