Sweet Potato Broccoli Chicken Bake: A delicious one-dish meal for all to enjoy!
We love to keep it simple and aim to use only 10 real food ingredients or less in most all of our recipes. Pretty nice, huh? Our Sweet Potato Broccoli Chicken Bake is quick to make and makes for a delicious weeknight meal. We consider this to be a very well-balanced, one-dish meal because it includes a healthy source of protein (chicken), fats (olive oil & nuts) and carbs (sweet potato, veggies & dried fruit). There really is no need for a side-dish, however a mixed green salad does complement this dish very nicely. Sweet Potato Broccoli Chicken Bake will be a definite favorite for you and your family and it’s just as tasty reheated the next day.Sweet Potato Broccoli Chicken Bake a one-dish meal for all to enjoy! @whole30 friendly. Click To Tweet
This recipe is Whole30-friendly, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo and is made all on one pan making kitchen clean-up a breeze. If using cranberries vs. raisins in this recipe, look for ones that are sweetened with apple juice instead of sugar. We like Made in Nature dried cranberries!
Give this recipe a try and comment below to let us know how you like it! For more of our favorite one-pan wonders, click here!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cubed
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large sweet potato, ¼ inch small cubes–small cubes are key (~2 cups cubed)
- 2/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup raisins or refined sugar-free cranberries (we like Made in Nature)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped walnuts or nuts of choice*
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning, dried
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- On the pan, combine the broccoli, sweet potato, onion, and garlic. Drizzle with oil, add seasonings, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread evenly amongst the pan, cover with foil and bake for 12 minutes.
- After the 12 minutes remove from oven, add chicken, toss and place back in oven to bake for another 8 minutes. Then again remove from oven, add raisins and walnuts, toss once more and place back in oven without foil this time and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sweet potatoes are soft.
*Omit for Nut-free option
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 417
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 420mg
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 31g
Let us know if you enjoy these one-pan recipes!
Pin now to make later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.