For the Meatballs:
- 1½ lb. ground pork (may substitute ground turkey or chicken)
- ¼ cup almond flour (may sub oat flour or bread crumbs if not Whole30)
- 1¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions, plus more for garnish
For the Sauce:
- ⅓ cup ketchup*
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple, in juice
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar (may substitute apple cider vinegar)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried ginger
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot starch**
To make the meatballs:
- Combine ground pork, almond flour, garlic and onion powders, salt, pepper, and sliced green onions in a bowl. Mix to combine and divide meat mixture into 18-20 meatballs (about 1 Tbsp. each).
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat (medium if using cast-iron). When the pan is hot, add meatballs in a single layer. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned all over.
- While meatballs are cooking, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well to dissolve starch.
- When meatballs are browned on all sides, add sauce and stir to coat each meatball. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook for 7-8 minutes or until sauce is thickened and meatballs are cooked through. Sprinkle with additional green onions and serve.
*Use unsweetened ketchup, such as Primal Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Ketchup), for Whole30
**May substitute cornstarch if not Whole30
- Serving Size: 5 oz (Meatballs + Sauce)
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 362mg
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 21g