For the strawberry vinaigrette:
- 4–5 medium strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1–2 tsp. honey (omit for Whole30)
- dash of sea salt & black pepper
For the salad:
- 6 cups baby spinach or salad greens of choice
- 6 medium strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 4 green onions, whites and light green parts sliced thin
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled (omit for Whole30, paleo or dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted (omit for nut-free)
- 12 oz. cooked or grilled chicken
- 1 avocado, sliced
- In a blender or small food processor, combine vinaigrette ingredients. Blend until smooth. Taste and add additional honey if you prefer more sweetness. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the salad ingredients. This can also be done by dividing ingredients into 4 individual salad bowls.
- Gently toss salad with vinaigrette just before serving. You may not need to add all of the vinaigrette. Feel free to add as much or as little as you’d like or serve on the side.
To toast almonds: Place small sauté plan over medium-low heat. Add almonds to the pan and toss every so often. Let toast for 3-5 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown. Watch closely as they can burn easily.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe as written
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 240 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 26 g