- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed (rotisserie chicken also works great)
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1–2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/4–1/3 cup mayonnaise (we recommend Primal Kitchen Mayo)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Leaf lettuce or butter lettuce
- Chopped green onion
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, strawberries, onion, celery, toasted almonds and fresh basil.
- To toast almonds: place almonds in a small pan over medium heat. Toast until slightly browned tossing occasionally. This only takes a few minutes so watch closely.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and poppy seeds. Gently stir into the chicken mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving option: scoop into a lettuce leaf or scoop onto a bed of greens and top with green onions and a few toasted almonds.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (salad only)
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 21g