- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- ¾ cup Old Home Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (may substitute 2 Tbsp. gluten-free tamari sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. honey, optional
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. fish sauce, optional
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger (or 1 tsp. dried ground ginger)
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 5-ounce bag fresh spinach
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes – chopped peanuts, cilantro, sliced green onions and/or diced red bell pepper
- Place chicken and diced onions in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic through red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine.
- Pour sauce over chicken and set slow cooker to LOW heat. Cook for 4 – 4 ½ hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Remove lid, stir in lime juice and spinach. Allow spinach to wilt before serving.
- Serve with rice or ‘cauliflower’ rice and garnish as desired.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 420
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 686mg
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 34g