- 2 lbs. ground bison or ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut in ½-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 2 28-oz. cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups Whole30-compliant chicken or beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground chipotle or ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground meat until just cooked through.
- Transfer to the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender. Feel free to add more seasonings if you wish.
- Serve with additional toppings as desired.
Toppings (3 ways)
- Add crunch and a flare of flavor with slices of jicama, roughly chopped cilantro and a lime wedge.
- Add a kick with slices of jalapeno peppers and chopped green onions.
- Add a fried egg to up the protein and serve it over a bed of greens for a mean and green hearty bowl of chili.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/10th of recipe
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 21g