- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth (or water)
- ¼ cup ghee or butter (use ghee for Whole30-friendly)
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 4 strips crisp cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ cup homemade ranch or store-purchased
- 6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese + additional for topping (1-1 1/2 cups) (Omit for Whole30-friendly option or substitute ¼ cup nutritional yeast)
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Halve or quarter potatoes into 1- to 1 ½-inch chunks. Place in slow cooker.
- Add ghee or butter, liquid, garlic and salt.
- Place lid on slow cooker and set heat to HIGH. Cook 4 hours or until potatoes are tender and mashable.
- Using a potato masher or immersion blender, mash potatoes adding additional water or broth as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Add bacon, ranch dressing, cheese and chives and stir well to combine. Top with additional cheese, a drizzle of ranch and a sprinkle of bacon and chives if you’d like.
- Serve immediately or hold in slow cooker set to ‘Warm’ until ready to serve.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 12th recipe
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 271mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g