- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, slightly drained
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos*
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- For the wrap: Swiss chard leaves (or leaf lettuce), avocado slices, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, green onions, sliced almonds, fresh cilantro, etc.
- Place chicken, onions, and garlic in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple, coconut aminos, lime juice, ground ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix, and then add to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Return chicken to slow cooker, stir to mix all ingredients, and set the temperature to warm (or low) until ready to serve.
- Assemble Swiss chard wraps with desired ingredients.
Instant Pot Directions:
- Select ‘Saute’ function. Add 1 Tbsp. fat of choice (we like ghee or coconut oil). When fat is melted, add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes until onions start to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients (chicken through black pepper). Press ‘Cancel’ button and lock lid in place. Flip vent valve to ‘Sealing’ position.
- Cook at High Pressure for 12 minutes, adding 2 minutes if breasts are really thick or they’re frozen into a block. When cooking time is up, manually release pressure and carefully remove the lid. Shred chicken with two forks and serve as desired. Updated: For High Altitude, allow for 5 minutes of natural release before flipping the valve to ‘Venting’ position.
*May substitute 3 Tbsp. gluten-free tamari or soy sauce + 2 Tbsp. water for the coconut aminos if you don’t need this to be Whole30-friendly.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 24 g