- 6 cups gluten-free bread cubes (about 10-12 ounces)
- 6 large Organic Valley eggs
- 2 cups Organic Valley Grassmilk Milk
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic pure vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp. Simply Organic cinnamon, divided
- Pinch of Simply Organic ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. coconut or organic cane sugar, optional
For Optional Berry Sauce:
- 1 lb. frozen berries of choice
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Grease the bottom and sides (about 3 inches up from the bottom) of the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fold in bread cubes and allow mixture to rest 5-10 minutes to soften. Sprinkle with sugar (if using) and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
- Pour into slow cooker, cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours or until cooked through.
- Serve with berries, pure maple syrup, or Organic Valley Grassmilk Vanilla Yogurt or Organic Valley whipped heavy cream.
To make berry sauce:
- Place a medium saucepan with lid over medium heat. Add frozen berries and maple syrup. Stir and place lid on saucepan. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove lid from saucepan, stir berries. Adjust heat to maintain a steady simmer. Replace lid and cook another 7 minutes.
- Remove lid, mash berries with the back of a large spoon or potato masher. Cook an additional 15-20 minutes uncovered at a steady simmer until sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove sauce from heat, stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt. Allow sauce to cool before storing in a covered container in the fridge. Use within 1-2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (with sugar)
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 12 g