Make breakfast, brunch or “brinner” easier by putting your slow cooker to work to make this Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole!
French toast – a family and friend favorite!
There’s no question that French toast is delicious and enjoyed by nearly everyone. With its sweet but hearty balance, it always feels like a treat but we know that it’s also packed with protein and fiber. The only drawback? The time it takes to make it. Slice after slice dipped into egg and then cooked…times a million. Gah! It takes foreeeeever – especially when you’re cooking for a crowd.
Knowing you’re busy like us, we simply had to find a way to make it less work and taste just as delectable as the original. Our Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole was born!Click To Tweet
Slow Cooker, I think I love you!
Have we mentioned our love for slow cookers? We love that you can use them for practically anything. If you’re only using your slow cooker for soups and shredded chicken, you may want to broaden your horizons. Slow cookers can save you a ton of time when it comes to breakfast, brunch or “brinner,” too!
For this recipe, simply whisk all the ingredients (except the bread), pour into the greased slow cooker over the cubed bread and let your slow cooker do the work for you to make this French Toast Casserole a cinch. The result? Less stress and a scrumptious, bread pudding-like bowl of bliss.
Looking for an Instant Pot french toast recipe? We’ve got you covered! Try our Instant Pot Raspberry French Toast Casserole!
French toast – not just for the weekends!
While typically a meal for weekend brunches, we believe whole-heartedly that this French Toast Casserole should be enjoyed whenever you get the hankering. Whether that means breakfast for dinner (aka brinner), prepping it ahead for weekday breakfasts or getting gourmet for guests, you really can’t go wrong. And with a variety of toppings including berries, maple syrup and heavy whipped cream – we have a feeling you’ll receive everyone’s full support.
- 16 oz. gluten-free bread, cut into cubes (about 6 cups)
- 6 large Organic Valley eggs
- 2 cups Organic Valley Grassmilk Milk
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic pure vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp. Simply Organic cinnamon, divided
- Pinch of Simply Organic ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. coconut or organic cane sugar, optional
- Grease the bottom and sides (about 3 inches up from the bottom) of the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fold in bread cubes and allow mixture to rest 5-10 minutes to soften. Sprinkle with sugar (if using) and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
- Pour into slow cooker, cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours or until cooked through.
- Serve with berries, pure maple syrup, or Organic Valley Grassmilk Vanilla Yogurt or Organic Valley whipped heavy cream.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (with sugar)
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 12 g
Are you ready to stop standing over your stove and put your slow cooker to work? Give us a “heck yes!” and hop to it! Be sure to share a pic with us if you make it and tag us @therealfoodrds!
Pin it now and make it later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!