- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12-ounce jar Salsa Verde (such as Trader Joe’s)
- 1 4-ounce can fire-roasted green chiles
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, lime wedges and/or diced avocado for serving, optional
- Cauliflower rice or lettuce leaves for serving
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, green chiles, cumin, and oregano. Pour over chicken.
- Place lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW heat for 4 – 6 hours.
- Remove lid and allow the chicken to cool slightly before shredding it with 2 forks right in the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish, top with chopped fresh cilantro, and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or in lettuce wraps.
Instant Pot Directions:
- Place ingredients in the Instant Pot. Put the lid on and make the sure vent is sealed.
- Set Instant Pot to ‘High Pressure’ setting then set the cooking time for 15 minutes.
- Once cooking is completed, allow natural releasing of pressure for 5 minutes then switch the valve to ‘vent’.
- When all of the pressure releases and the lid unlocks, remove the chicken and shred chicken with two forks. Toss chicken back into the pot to coat with sauce (or carefully shred the chicken right in the pot, if you’d like).
- Serving Size: 3 oz. chicken without toppings
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 495mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 27g