- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa verde (such as Trader Joe’s or Herdez)
- 2 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1½ lb. red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups organic chicken broth (NOTE: If making this a Freezer-to-Slow Cooker meal, wait to add the broth until it’s time to cook – i.e., don’t freeze the broth in the bag.)
Suggestions for serving: Fresh cilantro, lime wedges and/or diced avocado. Shredded cheese, sour cream, and/or warm corn tortillas are also great if you don’t need it to be Whole30-friendly.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours) or until potatoes are very tender and the stew is thick. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
To make this a freezer-to-slow Cooker meal:
- Combine all ingredients except chicken broth in a large zip-top bag (or another freezer-safe container). Label the bag and lay it flat in your freezer.
- On the day of cooking, place the contents of the bag into the slow cooker with 1½ cups chicken broth. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours or until potatoes are very tender and the stew is thick. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 ¼ cups
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 700mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 26g