- 3 lbs. Organic Prairie Organic Beef Chuck Roast, cut into 2-inch cubes and trimmed of fat
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1¼ tsp. Simply Organic garlic powder)
- 3 Tbsp. organic, no salt added tomato paste
- ½ tsp. Simply Organic ground chipotle pepper (more if you want more spice)
- ½ medium (or 1 small) onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Simply Organic bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Simply Organic ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Simply Organic dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp. Simply Organic ground cloves
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Simply Organic black pepper
- ¼ cup water or organic low-sodium chicken or beef broth
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours or until meat is tender and shreds easily.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve in lettuce wraps or stuffed in a baked sweet potato with toppings of choice.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!