- 2 ¾ – 3 lb. boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp. oregano, dried
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
Simple Cole Slaw
- 1 (9-ounce) bag coleslaw mix (shredded green cabbage, carrots and red cabbage)
- ⅓ cup mayo (such as Primal Kitchen)
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Slice onions and place on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cut beef roast into 3 chunks, about 1 lb. each. If searing meat before placing in the slow cooker, heat 1 Tbsp. fat of choice in a Dutch oven or other large pan over medium-high heat. When fat is hot, add beef and sear 4-5 minutes on each side, turning once.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker with the onions.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over beef and onions. Stir to coat meat and onions.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on LOW heat for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender and shreds easily.
- Remove meat from slow cooker to a baking dish and shred with 2 forks, return meat to slow cooker and stir into onions and sauce before serving.
- Store leftovers in a lidded container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for longer storage.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a percentage of the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 384
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 275mg
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 35g