- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed (yields about 3 ½ cups beans)
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ cup ketchup (such as Tessemae’s or Primal Kitchen made without added sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup (or less if your ketchup has added sugar)
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Cook chopped bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes until almost crisp. Add onion to the pan with the bacon and cook an additional 4-5 minutes until the onion starts to soften. Remove from heat.
- Transfer bacon and onion mixture to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine.
- Set slow cooker temperature to LOW and cook 4 hours, stirring a few times during cooking time.
If doubling the recipe, we recommend NOT double the water but instead, adding additional water only if needed after 3 hours.
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 628mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g