- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed (yields about 3 ½ cups beans)
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ cup ketchup (such as Tessemae’s or Primal Kitchen made without added sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup (or less if your ketchup has added sugar)
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Cook chopped bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes until almost crisp. Add onion to the pan with the bacon and cook an additional 4-5 minutes until the onion starts to soften. Remove from heat.
- Transfer bacon and onion mixture to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine.
- Set slow cooker temperature to LOW and cook 4 hours, stirring a few times during cooking time.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 628mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g