- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 chicken cutlets (~1 ¼ lbs)
- 3 Tbsp. gluten-free flour blend (we love this gluten-free flour)
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup chicken broth, homemade or store-bought
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 Tbsp. ghee or butter*
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges or slices for serving
1. To make the chicken cutlets, slice chicken breasts in half crosswise into 4 cutlets and lightly pound each piece between sheets of parchment paper until they’re about ½” thick. Season lightly with salt.
2. Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Working one at a time, place the cutlets in the bowl and toss to coat in flour. Shake off excess flour and transfer to a plate.
3. Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil starts to shimmer add the cutlets to the pan and cook, without moving them, until golden brown underneath—about 2 minutes. Turn each cutlet over and cook on the other side just until chicken is nearly cooked through (about 1 minute). Transfer to a clean plate.
4. Add garlic and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to the skillet. Reduce the heat and stir continuously to keep the garlic from scorching, about 30 seconds.
5. Increase the heat to medium-high and add broth and capers to the pan. Cook, stirring and scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet until liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the ghee or butter. Stir vigorously while the ghee melts (about 1 minute) until the sauce starts to look glossy.
7. Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce coats the spoon (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat and stir the lemon juice into the sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
8. Transfer the chicken to a platter, spooning the sauce over the top of the cutlets, and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
*To make this dairy-free: Substitute additional olive oil for the butter or ghee
*Use ghee to make this Whole30-friendly
- Serving Size: 1/4th recipe (Chicken + Sauce)
- Calories: 338
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 369mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 37g