For the Sautéed Asparagus:
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil or olive
- 1 – 1 1/4 pound asparagus spears, ends trimmed and cut in half (about 3-inch pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Lemon juice
- Fine salt and pepper
- Optional for garnish: lemon zest and/or fresh chopped parsley
For the Lemon Goat Cheese Sauce
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoon plain yogurt (full fat or 2%)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1–2 teaspoon avocado oil or olive oil
- Placing a large skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add the almonds and toast, stirring often, for 6-8 minutes or until they are golden and give off a toasted aroma. Transfer the almonds to a plate to cool.
- Wipe out the skillet and place over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom. When the oil starts to shimmer, add the asparagus. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring every 1-2 minutes. Then add the garlic and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender to your liking. Once cooked, add a squeeze of lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat while you prepare the Lemon Goat Cheese Sauce.
- For the Lemon Goat Cheese Sauce: In a small food processor or blender combine all of the sauce ingredients. Process or blend until smooth adding extra oil if necessary to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter and top with a drizzle of the sauce and sprinkle of the toasted almonds. Garnish with lemon zest and fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe + 1 tablespoon sauce
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 160 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g