- 1 lb. ground sausage (we recommend Pederson’s Farms – a clean, Whole30-friendly option)
- 1-2 tsp. ghee (we recommend Pure Indian Foods)
- 4 cups hash browns (or shredded potatoes), fresh or frozen such as Cascadian Farms or Mr. Dell’s
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (~3/4-1 cup)
- 1 green pepper, diced (~3/4-1 cup)
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 10 whole eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup non-dairy unsweetened milk (I used almond milk – Whole30-friendly options include Unsweetened Califia, New Barn and Silk)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350350℉. Grease a 9×13 or large casserole dish of similar size (such as the Lodge Stoneware shown in the photos).
- On medium high heat, brown ground sausage in a large skillet. Once no longer pink, drain and remove from the skillet and place on a plate with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Next add the ghee to the skillet on medium high heat. Add the hash browns and cook until lightly brown. Once hash browns are cooked, spread out on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In that same skillet, add additional ghee if needed as well as the peppers and onions and sauté until tender and cooked through.
- Top the potatoes with the sausage and peppers and onions.
- Whisk together eggs, non-dairy milk, salt and pepper and pour over all contents.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is cooked through.
You can also prep the Egg Bake the night before you plan to serve it. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight and bake it up in the morning.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 600 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 19 g