- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil (divided)
- 1/3 cup pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- ¼ cup shredded or crumbled cheese of choice such as parmesan, feta, etc. (optional – omit for dairy-free or vegan)
- ½ cup quinoa (rinsed in a fine mesh strainer) + 1 cup water (we used Tiny Hero Quinoa)
- 1 small orange, juiced
- ½ tsp. orange zest (optional)
- ½ tps. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme (or ½ tsp. dried)
- Sea salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Combine Brussels sprouts and minced garlic on a sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper and toss with 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender and golden brown. Toss once or twice during roasting time. To toast the pecans – add the pecans to the Brussels sprouts with 2-4 minutes of roasting time left.
- While Brussels sprouts are roasting, bring 1 cup of water plus a dash of salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Once water is boiling, add quinoa and stir. Lower heat, cover and continue to cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove pan from heat and let set for 3-5 minutes covered.
- Next make the vinaigrette by whisking together the remaining olive oil, orange juice, zest, dijon mustard, maple syrup, thyme and a dash of salt & pepper.
- In a serving dish, combine the roasted Brussels sprouts, quinoa, pecans, cranberries and toss with vinaigrette. Top with cheese if desired.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g