- 1 ¼ – 1 ½ lb. wild-caught salmon fillets
- 2 tsp. ghee or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 dates, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Driscoll’s raspberries
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add ghee (or avocado oil). Heat until fat starts to shimmer. Add garlic and cook, stirring continuously, for 30 seconds.
- Add dates, balsamic vinegar and raspberries. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened – about 5-6 minutes Remove from heat and stir in thyme and salt.
- Optional: strain sauce through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Preheat broiler. Position rack 5-6 inches below the broiler element.
- Place salmon fillets skin down on a baking sheet, sprinkle each filet with salt and pepper. Brush each fillet with 2-3 tablespoons of sauce.
- Broil salmon for about 8-10 minutes or until salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve salmon with additional sauce.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 5 oz.
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 320mg
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 29g