This is no plain turkey burger! Today we’re sharing a recipe that’s simple, delicious and takes the good ol’ turkey burger to another level.
We’ve jazzed it up by adding quinoa, goat cheese (yum!), and a few other of our favorite burger add-in’s while still holding true to our word and keeping it to less than 10 ingredients. We’re committed to sharing simple, real, and delicious recipes! You can also substitute the goat cheese for feta cheese if you wish. You’ll see goat cheese in many of our recipes because…..well, we just like it that much. However, know that you can always substitute goat cheese for a different cheese if it’s just not your thing!
We choose Sprouted Grains
We choose sprouted quinoa whenever possible. In short, sprouting grains maximizes the amount of nutrients available and makes the grains easier to digest. TruRoots Sprouted Grain Quinoa is the brand of quinoa we used in this recipe.
Now let’s get to the delicious recipe!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 1 tsp. Italian or Greek seasoning
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese^ (omit for dairy-free)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except goat cheese. Mix well using a large spoon or your hands.
- Gently fold in crumbled goat cheese until evenly distributed but still intact for the most part. Shape mixture into 8 patties.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 ½ tsp. coconut oil. Heat until oil begins to shimmer.
- Place half of the patties in pan being careful not to overcrowd them. Cook 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned and easily to flip, then another 3-4 minutes on the other side until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Repeat with remaining 1 ½ tsp. oil and turkey patties.
We hope that you love this recipe! Comment below and let us know if you give it a try.