- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1)
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp flax meal (also known as ground flaxseed)
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup honey (for vegan, sub maple syrup)
- ⅓ cup sunflower seed butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
Mix-ins of choice (use what you have on hand, equaling about 1 – 1 ½ cups):
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and water, stir. Set aside until it’s thick and creamy (about 5-8 minutes).
- In a medium bowl combine the rolled oats, gluten-free flour blend, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice and stir.
- Next, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt the sunflower seed butter, honey, and coconut oil. Stirring continually until melted. Remove from the heat and add pumpkin puree and flax ‘egg’. Stir and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the melted mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir with a large spoon until all the dry ingredients are mixed into the wet ingredients.
- Lastly, add mix-ins of your choice. If following the recipe exactly this would include the dried cranberries or raisins, pepitas, unsweetened coconut shreds, and chocolate chips. Fold into the batter.
- Scooping the batter up by large spoonfuls, place on the prepared parchment-covered baking sheet. Divide evenly to get 12-18 round cookies. With hands, slightly press the dough down to form a round cookie shape.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and firm to touch in the center. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 60mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g