- 1 ⅔ cup (164 grams) old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅔ cup (84 grams) all-purpose flour (may substitute a 1-to-1 gluten-free all-purpose flour for gluten-free)
- ⅔ cup (132 grams) brown sugar, packed (may substitute coconut sugar*)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup (250 grams) natural peanut butter (**see recipe notes below)
- ½ stick unsalted butter (1/4 cup), melted (substitute coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 2 whole large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips or chunks
- ⅔ cup pretzel twists, roughly chopped (substitute gluten-free pretzels for gluten-free)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line two baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- Next add the peanut butter, melted butter, whole eggs, and pure vanilla extract and mix until combined. Dough will be thick.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and/or chunks and pretzels.
- With a cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared pans.
- With hands press dough down the dough mounds and smooth edges. May need to dampen hands with water or spray with a little cooking spray to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Start checking at 12 minutes – depending on flour used, baking time will vary a bit. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
*If using coconut sugar, you may need to add a few drops of water to the dough for it to come together
**We recommend a natural peanut butter that has a drizzly consistency at room temperature with the only ingredients being peanuts and possibly a little salt. If the peanut butter you’re using has a thicker consistency, simply heat it in the microwave or on the stove-top just until smooth (you don’t want it too hot otherwise the chocolate chips will melt when they’re added to the dough).
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 95 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g