- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 cup King Arthur Paleo Baking Flour* (105 grams)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ⅔ cup grated apple (about 1 medium apple)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease eight cups of a muffin pan, or line them with papers and spray the insides of the papers.
- Place the raisins in a small bowl and cover them with hot water. Set them aside to soak while you assemble the rest of the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- Stir in the shredded carrots, apples, coconut, and nuts.
- Mix in the eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Drain the raisins thoroughly and stir them in.
- Divide the batter equally among 8 wells of the prepared pan, filling them almost full. Sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes, until they’re slightly domed (they won’t rise much) and centers are slightly firm or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes in the pan on a rack before transferring a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store muffins in a covered container at room temperature for up to two days or freeze for longer storage.
*May substitute ½ cup almond flour + 2 Tbsp. cassava flour + 2 Tbsp. coconut flour for grain-free baking flour.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 213mg
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g