- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg or flax egg (mix together 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 3 Tbsp. water, let set for 10 minutes)
- ⅔ cup almond butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3–4 Tbsp. warm water
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chunks (such as Enjoy Life Brand)
- ½ cup chopped nuts* (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350℉.
- In bowl, combine and mix all ingredients. If dough is too crumble add additional warm water. Drop dough with cookie scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. About one heaping tablespoon of dough per cookie.
- Form dough into round mound and flatten with hands to form cookie. May top with additional chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until edges look crisp.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to three months.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 110 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g