When you’re craving a little somethin’ sweet, make these!
You can’t beat the heavenly combo of semi-sweet chocolate chunks and crunchy almond butter!
Paleo Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the real deal! They’re definitely at the top of my list of favorite paleo treats. And by the looks of the empty container, they must be one of my hubby’s faves too! Apparently he thinks cookies for breakfast is a new thing at our house! Anywho, They’re a one bowl recipe and can be made from start to finish in less than 25 minutes. If you’ve follow The Real Food Dietitians blog for awhile now, you know that we’re all about keeping it simple. Whether that means less ingredients, quick preparation or fewer dirty dishes. We love easy recipes!
The perfectly soft chocolate chunk cookie that’s grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, paleo and vegan friendly and out-of-this-world delicious.
Only 5 grams of sugar per cookie.
That’s right! These Paleo Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies can help cure a sweet tooth but without all of the sugar or artificial sweeteners. The 1/3 cup of coconut sugar and 1/2 cup chocolate chunks provide just the right amount of sweetness! They are a healthier cookie that are made perfect for packing in lunch boxes or enjoying as an afternoon snack.
Warning: they will go fast.
Double the recipe so that you can freeze half of them for future enjoyment!
It’s time to fill your home with the mouth-watering aroma of freshly baked cookies! Let’s get baking!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg or flax egg (mix together 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 3 Tbsp. water, let set for 10 minutes)
- ⅔ cup almond butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3–4 Tbsp. warm water
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chunks (such as Enjoy Life Brand)
- ½ cup chopped nuts* (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350℉.
- In bowl, combine and mix all ingredients. If dough is too crumble add additional warm water. Drop dough with cookie scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. About one heaping tablespoon of dough per cookie.
- Form dough into round mound and flatten with hands to form cookie. May top with additional chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until edges look crisp.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to three months.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 110 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Pin now to make later!
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.