- 1¼ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, tenders or thighs (if large, cut in half)
- 3 small heads of broccoli, chopped into pieces (about 4–5 cups)
- 3–4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into skinny sticks (see note below)**
- 2 cups button mushrooms, halved or quartered if large
- 1 small red onion, diced into larger chunks
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup avocado or olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped + additional for topping (could also use a mix of fresh thyme and basil)
- 1 tsp. brown or dijon mustard (optional)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk to make sauce.
- Place chicken in zip-top bag or glass container with about 1/2 of the balsamic sauce. Toss chicken to coat and marinate in the fridge while you prep the remaining ingredients. May marinate for a longer period of time such as 4 hours or overnight.
- Chop the veggies. **for more tender carrots, cut into skinny sticks.
- Place veggies, except for tomatoes, on the pan. Pour remaining balsamic sauce over veggies and toss veggies. Make sure all pieces are coated. Use your hands and really massage the sauce into the broccoli florets.
- Move veggies around to make space for the chicken. Place chicken on pan. Discard the marinade used for chicken.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from oven and add tomatoes and toss veggies. Place back into the oven.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. This will depend on the thickness of the chicken. To make sure chicken is done, you could also use a meat thermometer. Once thermometer reaches 165℉, remove pan from oven.
- Top with chopped fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
If you prefer cooked carrots to be tender with just little crunch, cut them into skinny sticks. If you prefer cooked carrots to have a slight crunch, cut them into the size of sticks as shown in the photos.
- Serving Size: 4 servings (chicken breast)
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 325 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 29 g