- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter of choice (sunflower seed butter – nut-free option, almond butter, cashew butter, etc.)
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (substitute pepitas or sunflower seed for nut-free)
- 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
- In a food process or blender, combine the oats, pumpkin puree, nut or seed butter, syrup, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract. Process on low for a few seconds. Scrap sides as needed. Process just until mixed well (note: some of the oats will remain whole).
- Transfer mixture to bowl. Fold in pecans and chocolate chip.
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap or parchment.
- Transfer mixture to loaf pan, spread out and press down firmly (very firmly – this is important).
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes before slicing into 8 bars or 10 squares.
- Bars hold up best if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g